Conveyancing Sale Costs for Freehold and Leasehold Property
Our fees cover the work required to complete the Sale of your home and deal with the redemption of your mortgage (if any).
Conveyancer’s fees and Disbursements
|Property Value||Our Fees||VAT 20%||Total|
|£0.00 to £250,000.00||£595.00||£119.00||£714.00|
|£250,001.00 to £350,000.00||£695.00||£139.00||£834.00|
|£350,000.00 to £500,000.00||£845.00||£169.00||£1,014.00|
|£500,001.00 to £999,999.00||Fees range from £950 – £1,200.00 requiring assessment||£190.00 – £240.00||£1,140.00 – £1,440.00|
|£1 Million and above||Costs charged on a time spent basis
plus 0.1% fixed fee applied in the event of completion
Conveyancer’s fees and Disbursements
Property Value – £0.00 to £250,000.00
Our Fees – £595.00
VAT 20% – £119.00
Total – £714.00
Property Value – £250,001.00 to £350,000.00
Our Fees – £695.00
VAT 20% – £139.00
Total – £834.00
Property Value – £350,000.00 to £500,000.00
Our Fees – £845.00
VAT 20% – £169.00
Total – £1,014.00
Property Value – £500,001.00 to £999,999.00
Our Fees – Fees range from £950 – £1,200.00 requiring assessment
VAT 20% – £190.00 – £240.00
Total – £1,140.00 – £1,440.00
Property Value – £1 Million and above
Our Fees – Costs charged on a time spent basis plus 0.1% fixed fee applied in the event of completion
Additional Legal fees
- Leasehold Supplement fee: £240 (including VAT)
- Electronic money transfer fee : £54 (including VAT)
- International Money Transfer fee: £102 (including VAT)
Disbursements are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties. We handle the payment of the disbursements on your behalf to ensure a smoother process. Those involved in your Sale will include the following:
- Office Copies (Title Deeds if Registered):
Title Register: £3 plus VAT per title
Title Plan: £3 plus VAT per plan
Additional Title Documents and copy Lease: £6 plus VAT per document
- SIM Search (if land is unregistered): £4 plus VAT
- Land Charges Search (if land is unregistered): £2 plus VAT per individual
Anticipated Disbursements for Leasehold Residential Property
Leasehold properties bring their own additional costs along with them which cannot be avoided. It will not matter who you employ as your lawyers, these fees are charged by others for information or permissions you may need to buy.
- Transfer or Contingency Fees – To be confirmed upon receipt of the Lease but is usually 1% of the Sale Price (if payable).
- Management/Leasehold Sale Packs – This fee is provided by the Management Company or Freeholder and can be difficult to estimate. It can range between £50 and £500.
These fees vary from property to property and can on occasion be significantly more than the ranges given above. We can give you an accurate figure once we have sight of the specific documents.
How long will my house sale take?
How long it will take from you accepting an offer until you can move will depend on a number of factors. The average process takes between 8-12 weeks.
Stages of the Process (Sale)
The precise stages involved in the sale of a residential property vary according to the circumstances. However, below we have suggested some key stages that you may wish to include:
- Take your instructions and give you initial advice
- Prepare and advise on contract documents
- Deal with any necessary enquiries raised by the purchaser’s solicitor
- Give you advice on all documents
- Obtain Mortgage Redemption Figure (if applicable)
- Send final contract to you for signature
- Approve Transfer
- Agree completion date (date from which you own the property)
- Exchange contracts and notify you that this has happened
- Complete sale
Our fees assume that:
- this is a standard transaction and that no unforeseen matters arise including for example (but not limited to) a defect in title which requires remedying prior to completion or the preparation of additional documents ancillary to the main transaction
- this is the sale of an existing lease and is not the grant of a new lease
- the transaction is concluded in a timely manner and no unforeseen complication arise
- all parties to the transaction are co-operative and there is no unreasonable delay from third parties providing documentation
- no indemnity policies are required. Additional disbursements may apply if indemnity policies are required.
Our conveyancing department consists of three qualified solicitors (with over Twenty years’ conveyancing experience), two conveyancing practitioners (with over Forty years’ conveyancing experience) and a Trainee CILEX (with over ten years’ conveyancing experience). The conveyancing department is supervised by our Managing Director, Stephen Wright who qualified in1990.
If you would like a full quote, please click on the link below to access our conveyancing calculator.
Illustration for Conveyancing
All conveyancing matters are different and it is difficult to predict with complete accuracy the costs that might be incurred. We can produce an illustration if you complete the details below.
For a better understanding of what is likely to be involved please telephone Natalie Goulding on 01524 402058 or Phil Gardner on 01524 402062, who will be happy to discuss your planned transactions without any obligation so please do not hesitate to call.
If you require an illustration for both sale and purchase please complete both sections, otherwise complete only the relevant section and click calculate.
If you are unsure of the answer to any of the questions then please call us.