Providing expert advice and representation on disputed estates
Dealing with death in the family is difficult enough, but it is made much worse by disputes over inheritance rights. Sadly, this is now very common place and is perhaps a reflection of the more complex family structures in our society.
As a complete law firm with extensive experience in both dispute resolution, and inheritance and asset planning, Wright & Lord are ideally placed to provide expert advice and representation on disputed estates.
If you become involved in a contentious probate dispute, whether as an executor of a disputed Will, a beneficiary or someone who has been left out altogether, you need this experienced support, advice and representation.
Wright and Lord have extensive experience in dealing with the following:
- Claims brought under the Inheritance (Provision for Family & Dependants) Act 1975
- Claims based upon the validity of a Will
- Claims for the rectification of Wills and Trusts and
- Claims against Executors or Trustees relating to their conduct.
- Professional negligence claims arising from the negligent drafting of Wills and Trusts.
- Applications to the Court of Protection, including Statutory Wills.
Our team of lawyers will use their experience to advise on the best way to resolve the dispute or concern, including Alternative Dispute Resolution (see our page on Mediation) and, if necessary, application to Court.
In many cases we can offer “no win no fee” arrangements.