We are looking for a legal assistant/secretary to join our busy team!
Salary dependent on experience.
Full time or part time working considered.
Closing date 22 March 2024
Required qualifications, skills and experience:
- Confident computer user with precise keyboard skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Strong work ethic
- Articulate and clear thinking
- Excellent people skills
- Willingness to learn and follow instructions
- Previous legal experience in Private Client/Probate is desirable
- The prime role of the Legal Assistant is to provide direct support to their Principal. This will include but will not be limited to the main responsibilities given below. The Legal Assistant is expected to use a high degree of self-management and initiative. The work will encompass commercial, private client, probate and residential conveyancing.
- To prepare correspondence and documents through autonomous working, initiative and familiarity with the client matter and relevant law and/or procedure, research, audio-typing and/or shorthand and word processing.
- To administer filing which will include daily filing and the opening, closing, storage and retrieval of client files in accordance with the detailed procedures contained in the Office Manual.
- To prepare mail and enclosures for despatch.
- To arrange for all copying to be done.
- To make appointments, arrange meetings and to maintain an up-to-date diary for their Principal.
- To provide support to other secretaries and assistants as required.
- To provide guidance to junior and temporary secretaries when required to do so.
- To attend clients both in person and on the telephone and to provide such support in a professional and friendly manner in keeping with the firm’s standards for client care.
- To undertake any specific training when required to do so and overall to have a responsibility towards self-development.
- To ensure the confidentiality of all the firm’s and client’s documentation and information.
Salary: Up to £21,000.00 per year
This job is based in our Morecambe office.
Please submit a covering letter with your CV to [email protected] or in person at one of our offices.