Conveyancer’s fees and Disbursements
Property Value – £0 – £100,000.00
Our Fees – £525.00
VAT 20% – £105.00
Total – £630.00
Property Value – £100,001 – £200,000
Our Fees – £575.00
VAT 20% – £115.00
Total – £690.00
Property Value – £200,001 – £300,000
Our Fees – £600.00
VAT 20% – £120.00
Total – £720.00
Property Value – £300,001 – £400,000
Our Fees – £650.00
VAT 20% – £130.00
Total – £780.00
Property Value – £400,001 – £500,000
Our Fees – £700.00
VAT 20% – £140.00
Total – £840.00
Property Value – £500,001 – £600,000
Our Fees – £825.00
VAT 20% – £165.00
Total – £990.00
Property Value – £600,001 – £999,999
Our Fees – Starting from £825 plus VAT and require assessment
Additional Legal fees
- Leasehold Supplement fee: £250 (plus VAT)
- Electronic money transfer fee : £54 (plus VAT)
- International Money Transfer fee: £102 (plus VAT)
Disbursements and provision of Searches
Disbursements are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties. We handle the payment of the disbursements on your behalf to ensure a smoother process.
Those involved in your re-mortgage include the following:
- Search fees: These fees can vary depending on the area the property is located but often range between £250 and £300. These fees will be subject to VAT.
- Land Registry Application Fees: These are fixed depending on the value of the Property and whether the property is registered or unregistered (these fees are not subject to VAT). There will also be fees for Bankruptcy (£2 plus VAT per individual) and Official Priority Searches (£3 plus VAT per search)
Please see link to HMLR website for full costs information:
Anticipated Disbursements for Leasehold Residential Property
Some leasehold properties bring their own additional costs along with them which cannot be avoided. It will not matter who you employ as your lawyers, these fees are charged by others for information or permissions you may need to buy.
- Notice of Charge fee – This fee is set out in the lease. Often the fee is between £50 and £200.
- Certificate of Compliance fee – To be confirmed upon receipt of the lease and can range between £100 – £300.
- Management/Leasehold Pack – This fee is provided by the Management Company or Freeholder and can be difficult to estimate. It can range between £50 and £500.
These fees will vary from property to property and can on occasion be significantly more than the ranges given above. We can give you an accurate figure once we have sight of the specific documents.
How long will my Re-mortgage take?
How long it will take from receiving your mortgage offer to completion will depend on a number of factors. The average process takes between 4-8 weeks.
Stages of the Process
The precise stages involved in the Re-mortgage of a residential property vary according to the circumstances. However, below we have suggested some key stages that you may wish to include:
- Take your instructions and give you initial advice
- We will obtain your mortgage offer and prepare a full report on its contents
- Obtain Mortgage Redemption Figure (if applicable)
- Carry out any searches required by your Lender
- Send mortgage Deed to you for signature
- Liaise with the Freeholder and Management Company to obtain any necessary consents (Leasehold only)
- Agree completion date
- Arrange for all monies needed to be received from lender
- Complete re-mortgage
- Deal with application for registration at Land Registry
Our fees assume that:
- this is a standard transaction and that no unforeseen matters arise including for example (but not limited to) a defect in title which requires remedying prior to completion or the preparation of additional documents ancillary to the main transaction
- this is the re-mortgage of an existing lease and is no lease extension is required
- the transaction is concluded in a timely manner and no unforeseen complication arise
- all parties to the transaction are co-operative and there is no unreasonable delay from third parties providing documentation
- no indemnity policies are required. Additional disbursements may apply if indemnity policies are required.
Our conveyancing department consists of three qualified solicitors (with over Twenty years’ conveyancing experience), two conveyancing practitioners (with over Forty years’ conveyancing experience) and a Trainee CILEX (with over ten years’ conveyancing experience). The conveyancing department is supervised by our Managing Director, Stephen Wright, who qualified in 1990. For more information contact us 01524 402050 or 015395 65990, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively, fill in our enquiry form below.